Yucca is an unincorporated community in Mohave County, Arizona, United States. Located along Interstate 40, it lies southwest of Kingman, just east of the southern section of the Black Mountains and west of the Hualapai and McCracken Mountains in the Sacramento Valley. Yucca has a ZIP Code of 86438; in 2000, the population of the 86438 ZCTA was 282.
Yucca started as an order office and water fill station for Atlantic and Pacific Railroad (affiliated with the Atchison, Topeka and Santa Fe Railway) in the 1880s. It was part of a rail line commissioned by congress spanning from St. Louis, Missouri to Needles, California. This rail line grew to be transcontinental and is a major freight corridor to Southern California.
During World War II, the US Army Air Force purchased 2,284 acres (9.24 km2) of land and developed the Yucca Army Airfield for training pilots. In 1954 the air base was purchased by Ford Motor Company and along with additional land, was turned into the Arizona Proving Ground comprising nearly 4,000 acres (16 km2). Chrysler purchased the proving grounds in November 2007 from Ford for $34.9 million.