Williams (formerly, Central) is a city in Colusa County, California, United States. The population was 5,123 at the 2010 census, up from 3,670 at the 2000 census. It is a traveler's city with many fast food restaurants, motels, and gas stations. It's a city like Santa Nella, or its Glenn County counterparts to the north.
According to the United States Census Bureau, the city has a total area of 5.4 square miles (14.1 km²), all of it land.
The postal service established a post office at Central in 1874. The town and post office were renamed in 1876, in honor of W.H. Williams. who platted the townsite. The city of Williams was incorporated in 1920.