Wimauma is an unincorporated census-designated place in Hillsborough County, Florida, United States. The population was 4,246 at the 2000 census.
Wimauma was founded by Captain C.H. Davis in 1902. That year, Davis helped build the Seaboard Air Line Railroad connecting Turkey Creek and Bradenton. Davis decided to found a town at the half-way point, opening a post office there in on October 24, 1902. Davis named the town by taking the first letters of the names of his three daughters, Willie, Maude, and Mary. The town had the railroad tracks as the western boundary and was centered around Lake Tiger, now called Lake Wimauma. The town was officially incorporated in 1925 as the county's fourth municipality, but the city government ceased to function some time in the 1930s. In 1993 this fact was rediscovered, but it was concluded that the incorporation was no longer valid after about 60 years without a city government. Currently, Wimauma is the site of the Church Of God (Cleveland, TN) Camp Ground and conference center.
Wimauma is located at 27°42′35″N 82°19′4″W / 27.70972°N 82.31778°W / 27.70972; -82.31778 (27.709658, -82.317854).