Cochran is a city in Bleckley County, Georgia, United States. The population was 4,455 at the 2000 census. The city is the county seat of Bleckley County.
Cochran, the County Seat of Bleckley County, Georgia, is named for Judge Arthur E. Cochran and was incorporated on March 19, 1869. Once known as Dykesboro, Cochran was settled by B. B. Dykes, who owned the site on which the town is built. The earliest settlers located here to engage in the turpentine industry.
Judge Cochran was largely instrumental in developing this section of Georgia through his work as President of the Macon & Brunswick Railroad, now the Southern Railway.