About This Place
Dallas is a city in and the county seat of Paulding County, Georgia, United States. The population was 5,056 at the 2000 census It was named for George M. Dallas, Vice President of the United States of America under James K. Polk.
Dallas was created by an act of the Georgia General Assembly on February 8, 1854, on 40 acres (160,000 m2) purchased from Garrett H. Spinks on May 14, 1852, for $1000. The first Commissioners were James H. Ballinger, James S. Hackett, Hezekiah Harrison, John S. Poole, and Garrett H. Spinks.
In the late 1850s the town no longer elected officers and a new charter was issued in 1883.