Palmetto (established 1853) is a city located mostly in Fulton (originally Campbell) and now partly in Coweta counties in Georgia. The population was 3,400 at the 2000 census. Census estimates for 2005 show a population of 4,676.
Palmetto, elevation 1050 feet 0r 320 meters AMSL, is located at 33°31′16″N 84°40′4″W / 33.52111°N 84.66778°W / 33.52111; -84.66778 (33.521117, -84.667662)
According to the United States Census Bureau, the city has a total area of 5.3 square miles (13.7 km²), of which, 5.2 square miles (13.4 km²) of it is land and 0.1 square miles (0.3 km²) of it (1.89%) is water.