Milford is a village in Milford Township, Iroquois County, Illinois, United States. The population was 1,369 at the 2000 census, and 1,257 in 2009. The village's name comes from its location, where the Old Hubbard Trail forded the Sugar Creek and where a grist mill stood in 1836 ("the mill at the ford").
Milford is located on Illinois Route 1 about 9 miles (14 km) north of the Vermilion County border and about 9 miles (14 km) west of the Indiana border.
According to the United States Census Bureau, the village has a total area of 0.6 square miles (1.6 km²), all of it land.