About This Place
Cayuga is a town in Eugene Township, Vermillion County, Indiana, United States. The population was 1,162 at the 2010 census.
When the town was laid out in 1827, it was called Eugene Station. It was later renamed after the lake and city of Cayuga in New York. The name is based on the Iroquois term Gwa-u-geh, meaning "the place of taking out" (in terms of a portage). Local legend attributes the name to the sound made by the horn of a Ford Model T.
Cayuga is located at 39°56′50″N 87°27′53″W / 39.94722°N 87.46472°W / 39.94722; -87.46472 (39.947128, -87.464854).