About This Place
Elizabeth is a town in Posey Township, Harrison County, Indiana, United States. The population was 162 at the 2010 census. It was founded in 1812 and named for Elizabeth Veach, wife of the landowner who donated the land for the town.
The original plat of the town of Elizabeth was recorded on April 17, 1812. The land for the town was donated by Edward Veatch. He named the town after his wife, Elizabeth Veatch.
Rose Hill Cemetery, the second largest cemetery in the county, is located on the west side of the town. The land for the cemetery was donated by Joseph Zenor with the only rule being that burial be made available regardless of the religious denomination of the deceased.