Remington is a town in Carpenter Township, Jasper County, Indiana, United States. The population was 1,185 at the 2010 census.
Remington was first laid out in 1860 by Jesse H. Fordice. It was originally called Carpenter Station, after Carpenter's Creek where a railroad station had been established, around which the town grew. The name was later changed to Remington, after the founder of the general store. The main trade was in grain, as the area consisted of excellent prairie farmland; the town's position on the Pittsburgh, Chicago and St. Louis Railroad made it a good location for such trade. The first grain elevator was built in 1870 by Church and Hartley; the second was built by the Hathaway Brothers in 1872; and in 1879, James Irvin built a third. In 1883 the population was about 900.
Remington is located on at 40°45′46″N 87°9′6″W / 40.76278°N 87.15167°W / 40.76278; -87.15167 (40.762736, -87.151676), about 90 miles northwest of Indianapolis and about 90 miles southeast of Chicago. It is about a mile west of Interstate 65; U.S. Route 24 and U.S. Route 231 pass through the town.