Goddard is a city in Sedgwick County, Kansas, United States. Part of the Wichita metropolitan area, it is a suburb of Wichita, Kansas. As of the 2010 census, the city population was 4,344.
In 1883, E. Wilder purchased farmland on the planned railway of the Atchison, Topeka and Santa Fe Railway south of Blendon, Kansas approximately 10 miles west of Wichita. There, he established the town of Goddard, in honor of J.F. Goddard, former third vice-president of the ATSF Railway. The railroad reached Goddard in 1884, and a post office was established there the same year. Several buildings were relocated from Blendon, including the town hall and the planned Methodist church. Goddard was officially incorporated in 1910.
In recent decades, as Wichita has expanded westward, a growing number of commuters have settled in Goddard, transforming it from a rural agricultural community into a suburb.