Chesapeake City, MD
Chesapeake City is a town in Cecil County, Maryland, United States. The population was 787 at the 2000 census.
The town was originally named by Bohemian colonist Augustine Herman the Village of Bohemia (or Bohemia Manor), but the name was changed in 1839 when the Chesapeake and Delaware Canal was built. Today, the town contains numerous old homes from that era that have been converted in to bed and breakfasts, restaurants, and the local historical museum.
The town was separated into north and south sections when the Chesapeake and Delaware Canal was built through the middle of the town. The two were connected by a drawbridge until 1942, when that was destroyed by a freighter that struck it. The current bridge opened in 1949.