About This Place
Addison is a village in Lenawee County of the U.S. state of Michigan. As of the 2000 census, the village population was 627. The village is located on the boundary between Rollin Township on the south and Woodstock Township on the north.
According to the United States Census Bureau, the village has a total area of 1.0 square miles (2.6 km²), of which, 1.0 square miles (2.5 km²) of it is land and 0.04 square miles (0.1 km²) of it (2.97%) is water. most of the population is in the down town part of addison.
In 1834, when John Talbot settled along a winding creek in the infancy of southeast Michigan’s history, the area was a vast forest, dotted with clear blue lakes and occupied by the Potawatomi. With the raising of a simple grist mill along Bean Creek around December 1835, Addison’s history was started, operating under the settlement name “Manetue”.