Allen is a village in Hillsdale County in the U.S. state of Michigan. As of the 2000 census, the village population was 225.
The village is within Allen Township at the junction of US 12 and M-49.
War of 1812 veteran Captain Moses Allen and his family settled here in 1827 in an area that became known as "Allen's Prairie". On July 13, 1830, a post office was established named "Sylvanus", due to being in a wooded area. The office closed on September 5, 1834, and was reestablished on September 9, 1835. It was renamed "Allen" in honor of Captain Allen on August 17, 1868. A plat for what was already a thriving village was also recorded in 1868. It was a station on the Lake Shore and Michigan Southern Railway and incorporated as a village in 1950.