Baraga ( /bærəɡə/ barr-ə-gə) is a village in Baraga County in the U.S. state of Michigan. The population was 1,285 at the 2000 census. The village is named after Bishop Frederic Baraga.
The village is located in Baraga Township on the L'Anse Bay on Lake Superior at the junction of US 41 and M-38. The Baraga ZIP code 49908 also serves areas of northern and northwestern Baraga Township.
Baraga began with the establishment of the Holy Name Mission at this site by Rev. Frederic Baraga in 1843.