Burr Oak, MI
Burr Oak is a village in St. Joseph County in the U.S. state of Michigan. As of the 2010 census, the village population was 828. The village is located within Burr Oak Township.
The area, now in southeastern St. Joseph County, was first settled in 1835. The first post office was built in 1837. In 1852, land for a railroad station was donated by William Lock, on the condition that the town be renamed "Lock's Station," which it was. Five years later, however, by popular demand the town assumed its original name, and was officially incorporated into a village in 1859.
According to the United States Census Bureau, the village has a total area of 1.0 square miles (2.6 km²), all land.