Center Line, MI
Center Line is a city in Macomb County in the U.S. state of Michigan. The population was 8,531 at the 2000 census. Completely surrounded by the city of Warren, it was known as Kunrod's Corner during the mid-nineteenth century.
The French named it as being the middle of three Indian trails from Fort Detroit to northern trading posts. In 1863, the first general store was constructed by Joeseph Buechel. On July 19, 1878, Hieronymous Engelmann was the first postmaster, and he was succeeded in 1885 by Sophia Buechel. The "Centre Line" post office closed on July 31, 1906, and the name was restored to Center Line thereafter. The village was incorporated in 1925, and the city in 1936.
According to the United States Census Bureau, the city has a total area of 1.7 square miles (4.5 km²), all land.