Grass Lake, MI
Grass Lake is a village in Jackson County in the U.S. state of Michigan. The population was 1,082 at the 2000 census.
In 1842 the Michigan Central Railroad bypassed the original village and built a depot 1.5 miles (2.4 km) to the west. The village was relocated to this new location - its current location - to be closer to the rail depot.
Grass Lake was named for the shallow, marshy lake just to its north.