Lakeview is a village in Cato Township in Montcalm County of the U.S. state of Michigan. The population was 1,112 at the 2000 census. The village is within Cato Township.
Lakeview was first settled in 1858 and platted in 1867 by Albert S. French, a settler from New York. It had been a Native American camp site. French named it for its location on the west side of Tamarack Lake. A post office was established on October 7, 1867, with Hiram S. Barton as its first postmaster. It was a station on the Chicago, Saginaw and Canada Railroad in 1879.
According to the United States Census Bureau, the village has a total area of 1.9 square miles (4.9 km²), of which, 1.6 square miles (4.1 km²) of it is land and 0.3 square miles (0.9 km²) of it (17.37%) is water.