About This Place
Lennon is a village in the U.S. state of Michigan. The population was 517 at the 2000 census. The village is situated on M-13, the boundary between Venice Township in Shiawassee County and Clayton Township in Genesee County and is partially in both.
The village was founded by Peter Lennon. He got the Grand Trunk Western Railroad routed through the settlement and a depot built there. He built a grain elevator, which was followed by other businesses. A post office was established in Genessee County in July 1880 with Lennon as the first postmaster. The office was transferred to Shiawassee County in February 1889.
According to the United States Census Bureau, the village has a total area of 0.9 square miles (2.4 km²), all land.