Get Directions
Oakley MI

Oakley, MI

About This Place

Other Details
Oakley is a village in Saginaw County in the U.S. state of Michigan. As of the 2000 census, the village population was 338. The village is within Brady Township, although about half of the village would lie within Chesaning Township on the east, if the boundary line had not been adjusted.
History: Originally the area was called Mickleville. Philip Mickle, who owned a tavern there in 1842, became the first postmaster of Mickleville on March 12, 1856. That post office was moved to the hamlet of Havana on April 18, 1860, which was two miles southeast of Oakleys present location. In 1868, Andrew Huggins platted and recorded the village of Oakley and the post office was moved from Havana. It was named for Judge Oakley of Dutchess County, New York, a relative of one of its citizens. Oakley was incorporated as a village in 1887.
According to the United States Census Bureau, the village has a total area of 1.0 square miles (2.6 km²), all land.

Places Nearby

Recently Viewed