About This Place
Ortonville is a village in north Oakland County in the U.S. state of Michigan. The village is within Brandon Township, although some development near the village lies within adjacent Groveland Township. The population was 1,442 at the 2010 census.
Ortonville, a northern rural village in Oakland County, was founded in 1848 by Amos Orton, who built a dam across Kearsley Creek to furnish water power for his sawmill. The town was platted in 1866 and incorporated as a village in 1902. It is located about halfway between Pontiac and Flint.
According to the census of 2010 the population of the village of Ortonville is 1,422. The population of Brandon Township is 15,175, and nearby Groveland Township is 5,476.