West Branch, MI
West Branch is a city in the U.S. state of Michigan. As of the 2000 census, the city population was 1,926. It is the county seat of Ogemaw County. The city is located within West Branch Township, but is politically independent.
According to the Ogemaw County Genealogical and Historical Society, West Branch was previously known as Logan's Mills in 1863. It later became West Branch when lumberjacks named it after the "west branch" of the Rifle River.
According to the United States Census Bureau, the city has a total area of 1.3 square miles (3.4 km²), all land.