About This Place
Brandon is a city in Douglas County, Minnesota, United States. The population was 489 at the 2010 census.
The village of Brandon was incorporated on November 22, 1881. The current town site was laid out when the railroad was being built in August 1879. The town was called Chippewa when at its previous location which was two miles north of the present day site. Brandon was named in honor of Brandon, Vermont, the birthplace of Stephen A. Douglas.
According to the United States Census Bureau, the city has a total area of 0.4 square miles (1.1 km²), of which, 0.4 square miles (1.0 km²) of it is land and 2.44% is water.