About This Place
Jamestown is a village in Moniteau County, Missouri, United States. The population was 382 at the 2000 census, at which time it was a town. It is part of the Jefferson City, Missouri Metropolitan Statistical Area.
Incorporated in 1873, Jamestown was named after Edward and Samuel James who established a trading post there in 1846. The town traces its roots to 1837 when John, William and Joshua Hightower built a tobacco factory at the site. The location was desirable as it was at an intersection of roads leading from the river towns of Sandy Hook and Lupus, Missouri.
Jamestown is located at 38°45′57″N 92°28′41″W / 38.76583°N 92.47806°W / 38.76583; -92.47806 (38.765754, -92.477960).