Macon is a city in Noxubee County, Mississippi, United States, along the Noxubee River. The population was 2,461 at the 2000 census. It is the county seat of Noxubee County.
Founded on February 9, 1833 as Taladega, the name was changed to Macon on August 10, 1835.
The Jackson Military Road crossed the Noxubee River just west of Macon, located at the old Choctaw village of Taladega, now the site of the local golf club.