About This Place
Biscoe is a town in Montgomery County, North Carolina, United States. The population was 1,700 at the 2000 census. The town is named after Henry Biscoe, an important customer of the local lumber business.
The area was formerly called "Filo." The current name was adopted in 1895.
Biscoe's past was dependent on the railroad industry, and it was once an important repair center for railroad equipment. The Aberdeen and West End Railroad (owned by the Page family of Aberdeen, North Carolina, completed a branch to Star, North Carolina from Filo, NC (current Biscoe) in 1895. The A & W. E. R.R. was merged into the Aberdeen and Asheboro Railroad in 1897.