Stedman is a town in Cumberland County, North Carolina, United States. The population was 664 at the 2000 census. It is named for Civil War Major Charles Manly Stedman.
Stedman was settled in 1841 when John Culbreth Blocker built a stagecoach house and post office on land that he had purchased. The town was incorporated in 1917.
Stedman is located at 35°0′51″N 78°41′50″W / 35.01417°N 78.69722°W / 35.01417; -78.69722 (35.014080, -78.697312).