Dumont is a borough in Bergen County, New Jersey, United States. The population was 17,479 at the 2010 Census.
Dumont was formed on July 20, 1894, as the Borough of Schraalenburgh from portions of Harrington Township and Palisades Township, at the height of the "Boroughitis" phenomenon then sweeping through Bergen County, based on the results of a referendum held the previous day. On June 13, 1898, the borough's name was changed to Dumont in honor of Dumont Clarke, the borough's first mayor.
Dumont is located at 40°56′43″N 73°59′36″W / 40.945173°N 73.993425°W / 40.945173; -73.993425 (40.945173, -73.993425).