About This Place
Glen Rock is a borough in Bergen County, New Jersey, United States. As of the 2010 census, the borough population was 11,601.
Glen Rock was formed on September 14, 1894, from portions of Ridgewood Township and Saddle River Township, "that being the year the county went crazy on boroughs." Glen Rock was settled around an enormous rock left by retreating glaciers in a small valley (glen). From a 1985 article in The New York Times, "Glen Rock is named for a 570-ton boulder, believed to have been deposited by a glacier, that stands at the northern end of Rock Road, the town's main street. Called Pamachapura, or Stone from Heaven, by the Delaware (Lenape) Indians, it served as a base for Indian signal fires and later as a trail marker for colonists."
Glen Rock is located at 40°57′40″N 74°07′33″W / 40.961109°N 74.125766°W / 40.961109; -74.125766 (40.961109, -74.125766).