Kendall Park, NJ
Kendall Park is a census-designated place and unincorporated area located within South Brunswick Township, in Middlesex County, New Jersey. As of the United States 2000 Census, the CDP population was 9,006.
The development of Kendall Park doubled the population of South Brunswick township and marked the beginning of its transformation from a rural farming area to a suburban bedroom community. The Hoagland-Clark House is a remnant of the earlier era, and is considered one of the most vulnerable lnadmarks in New Jersey.
Kendall Park gets its name from its builder, Herbert Kendall, who built it as a planned community between 1956 and the early 60s. It was built in three stages: the initial development in 1956-7 (between New Road and Sand Hill Road), the Constable development in 1959 (south of New Road), followed by the Greenbrook development (north of Sand Hill Road) a few years later.