About This Place
Fowler is a village in Clinton County in the U.S. state of Michigan. The population was 1,136 at the 2000 census.
Originally called "Dallas", Fowler was created when John Parks settled the area and became its first postmaster in 1849. The town subsequently moved to a tract of land owned by J. N. Fowler and in 1869 the name was changed to "Fowler". In 1885, the town incorporated as a village in Clinton County, reportedly during a high growth lumber boom.
In 2004, Fowler remains a small rural community, serving the needs of the local farming community and as a satellite community to Lansing.