Norwood is a borough in Bergen County, New Jersey, United States. As of the 2010 United States Census, the borough population was 5,711.
Norwood was formed as a borough by an Act of the New Jersey Legislature on March 14, 1905, from portions of Harrington Township.
The territory comprising Norwood was originally settled about 1670 by a dozen or more families mostly from Holland, who purchased the land under the Tappan Patent. About that time a grant was also given by Philip Carteret, Governor of the Province of East Jersey, during the reign of King Charles II of England. The Lenni Lenape Native Americans roamed the valley.