Baldwinsville is a village in Onondaga County, New York, United States. The population was 7,053 at the 2000 census. It is part of the Syracuse Metropolitan Statistical Area.
The Village of Baldwinsville is located in the Towns of Lysander and Van Buren.
It is named after Dr. Baldwin and his wife Eliza who visited the area in 1798, returning to settle in 1808 to start the community. Dr. Baldwin built a dam across the Seneca River to generate energy and a private canal to keep the integrity of the water highway. It incorporated in 1848 as the Village of Baldwinsville.