Canastota is a village located inside the Town of Lenox in Madison County, New York, United States. The population was 4,425 at the 2000 census.
The Village of Canastota is in the south part of the Town of Lenox.
The village was incorporated in 1835, but was reorganized in 1870. The village just recently celebrated its bicentennial. Kniste Stota was the first name of the village, a term used by the local Indian population meaning "cluster of pines near still waters". The Judge Nathan Roberts House dates to about 1820.