About This Place
Cleveland is a village in Oswego County, New York, United States. The population was 758 at the 2000 census.
The Village of Cleveland is at the eastern boundary of the Town of Constantia on Route 49.
The Village of Cleveland was incorporated in 1857. Much of the 19th century industry was based on glass manufacturing. Some say the town is named after Cleveland, England and other claim it is named after James Cleveland, an early settler.