North Rose, NY
Rose is a town in Wayne County, New York, United States. The population was 2,442 at the 2000 census. The town was named after Robert S. Rose, an early landowner of the town.
The Town of Rose is an interior town of the county, located near the county center; it is west of Syracuse, New York.
The town was first settled around 1805. The Town of Rose was created in 1826 from the Town of Wolcott. About 1840 a mass delusion took over the local inhabitants, and they came to believe that a treasure of gold and jewels was buried within the town. In spite of many secret, nocturnal excavations, nothing was ever found.