Parishville is a town in the east-central part of St. Lawrence County, east of Potsdam, in the state of New York, United States. The population was 2,049 at the 2000 census.
The town was laid out in 1809 on a tract of land that David Parish had purchased from J. D. Le Ray de Chaumont in 1808. The first settlers arrived around 1810.
The town was formed in 1814 from the town of Hopkinton. The town was named for David Parish. In 1843, part of Parishville was used to form the town of Colton.