Pine Plains, NY
Pine Plains is a town in Dutchess County, New York, USA. The population was 2,569 at the 2000 census. The name is derived from the geographic character of the region.
The Hamlet of Pine Plains is on the north border of the county.
The town was part of the Little Nine Partners Patent of 1706. The town was first settled around 1740 by Moravian missionaries to the native Mahican village of Shekomeko. The Town of Pine Plains was formed from the Town of North East in 1823.