Savannah is a town in the southeast portion of Wayne County, New York, United States. The population was 1,838 at the 2000 census. Savannah is west of Syracuse, New York. Because of the extensive swamps, the town is a popular location for hunting and fishing.
Fort Hill, located on the highest land in the town, is a historic native village and was the site of a Jesuit mission in the 17th Century, built by the remains of an earlier, "Owasco," village. Like other nearby towns, Savannah was part of the Central New York Military Tract. Settlers arrived in more modern times around 1808, but Savannah is considered to be the last town in the county that was settled.
The Town of Savannah was created from the Town of Galen on November 4, 1824.