About This Place
Rossburg is a village in Darke County, Ohio, United States. The population was 224 at the 2000 census.
Rossburg is home to the Eldora Speedway, a half-mile clay oval race track.
Rossburg was platted by John G. Ross in 1868. In its early years, the community was also known as "Hagerman"; under this name a post office was established in the community on December 19, 1883, and it operated under this name until November 4, 1905. The village was very small until a period of growth began circa 1883, when a predecessor of the Cincinnati, Jackson and Mackinaw Railroad built a railroad line through Rossburg.