Phoenix is a city in Jackson County, Oregon, United States. The population was 4,060 at the 2000 census and has grown to 4,855 people as of July 1, 2009.
The Phoenix area was settled in about 1850 by brothers Hiram and Samuel Colver. Samuel Colver laid out the town in 1854. It was initially known as Gasburg.
According to the United States Census Bureau, the city has a total area of 1.2 square miles (3.2 km²), all of it land.