Reedsport is a city in Douglas County, Oregon, United States. As of the 2000 census, the population was 4,378.
Reedsport was established on the estuary of the Umpqua River on January 7, 1852. It was named for a local settler, Alfred W. Reed, who founded the city in 1912. The post office was established July 17, 1912.
The building of Southern Pacific Railroad lines extending south to Coos Bay lead to the development of Reedsport. Before the post office was established in 1912, Reedsport was a camp for railroad construction workers.