Bluff City, TN
Bluff City is a city in Sullivan County, Tennessee, United States. The population was 1,559 at the 2000 census. It is part of the Kingsport–Bristol (TN)–Bristol (VA) Metropolitan Statistical Area, which is a component of the Johnson City–Kingsport–Bristol, TN-VA Combined Statistical Area – commonly known as the "Tri-Cities" region.
Bluff City experienced several name changes before incorporating on July 1, 1887 under its current name. The town was originally known as Choate’s Ford, and later took the name Middletown. After the East Tennessee, Virginia and Georgia Railroad was built, crossing the Holston River at the town site, the name Union was adopted. During the American Civil War it was called Zollicoffer, but became Union again from the end of the war until 1887.
Bluff City is located at 36°27′48″N 82°16′30″W / 36.46333°N 82.275°W / 36.46333; -82.275 (36.463352, -82.275049).