Seymour is an unincorporated community and a census-designated place (CDP) in Blount and Sevier counties in the U.S. state of Tennessee, United States. The CDP population was 8,850 at the 2000 U.S. census. It is included in the Knoxville, Tennessee Metropolitan Statistical Area.
Seymour was originally the site of Newell's Station, a frontier station established by early Sevier County pioneer Samuel Newell (1754–1841) in 1783. The first court of Sevier County, State of Franklin, was held at Newell's Station in March 1785. During the 19th century, the community was known as Trundles Crossroads, where the main road from Sevierville forked, with one branch continuing northward to Knoxville and one branch westward to Maryville (now the intersection of Boyds Creek Highway and Old Sevierville Pike).
Upon completion on December 18, 1909, of the Knoxville, Sevierville & Eastern Railway, the community's station was named Seymour in honor of the line's chief engineer. The Trundles Crossroads Post Office changed its name soon after to reflect the community's new designation.