Watertown is a town located in Wilson County, Tennessee, United States. The population during the 2000 census was 1,358 people.
Prior to the town's establishment, the land was an American Revolutionary War grant given to Colonel Archibald Lytle and his brother William Lytle.
Around 1790, the grandparents of Watertown's founder, Wilson L. Waters, moved into the area. In 1845, the post office moved from nearby Three Forks to Wilson's store. Waters expanded his operations with a sawmill, gristmill and blacksmith shop. Waters' 400-acre (1.6 km2) farm eventually became Watertown.