Beeville is a city in Bee County, Texas, United States. The population was 13,129 at the 2000 census. It is the county seat of Bee County. It is the home of a community college, Coastal Bend College.
Many of the stately homes, commercial buildings, and schools in and around Beeville, including the Bee County Courthouse, were designed by the architect William Charles Stephenson, who came to Beeville in 1908 from Buffalo, New York.
The site was first settled by the Burke, Carroll, and Heffernan families in the 1830s; it was first named "Maryville" for Mary Heffernan, then renamed "Beeville" after Barnard E. Bee, Sr., who served as Secretary of State and Secretary of War for the Republic of Texas. It was then called "Beeville-on-the-Poesta", with a nearby community "Beeville-on-the-Medio" seven miles (11 km) to the west. In 1859, Beeville's first post office opened.