About This Place
Lampasas is a city in Lampasas County, Texas, United States. The population was 6,786 at the 2000 census. It is the seat of Lampasas County.
Lampasas is part of the Killeen–Temple–Fort Hood Metropolitan Statistical Area.
For his services in the Texas Revolution, John Burleson received 1,280 acres (5.2 km2) of land and established a permanent settlement in the 1850s. The city was first named Burleson; however, the name was gradually changed to Lampasas Springs because of the existence of seven mineral springs. When the county was created in 1856, the law specified “The county seat shall be same name as the county.” The city of Lampasas was officially incorporated in 1883.