About This Place
Nash is a city in Bowie County, Texas, United States, and a suburb in Texarkana, Texas. It is part of the Texarkana, Texas - Texarkana, Arkansas Metropolitan Statistical Area. The population was 2,169 at the 2000 census (though a July 1, 2007 estimate placed the population at 2,395).
Long before the birth of Nash, the land on which it is located was in the name of the State of Texas. The State of Texas patented the land, which makes up the eastern portion of Nash to William Crutcher on December 19, 1849. The west portion of Nash was patented to Josiah W. Fort, assignee of Thomas Price on December 18, 1951.
Originally, the town of Nash was first called "T. C. Junction" or sometimes Texarkana Junction for its location on transcontinental division of Texas and Pacific Railway, which officially was entitled from its construction days as Trans-Continental Division. The first railroad track was built from Marshall eastward to T.C. Junction in 1873. The official origin date of the town is unknown but records indicate Nash began sometime between 1873 and the late 1880s.