Teague is a city in Freestone County, Texas, United States. The population was 4,557 at the 2000 census.
The area was first settled around the time of the Civil War. During the latter half of the nineteenth century a small community known as Brewer, grew up at the site. In April 1886, a resident wrote that all they needed was a jeweler and shoemaker. The resident went on to inventory all the businesses they had such as a good dry goods and grocery store, a blacksmith and wood shop, and a barber. Later in 1886, a gin was to open right next to the Walmart. The 1895 Rand McNally atlas shows Brewer with a post office and no express office or railroad. Also, the same year, 1895, Brewer Baptist Church ministered by A. B. Tedder had 109 members. Eventually the railroad arrived in the area and the residents eventually moved creating a the new town of Teague in 1906. Teague also has a 3300 foot long airport used primarily for recreational use.
Teague is located at 31°37′39″N 96°17′0″W / 31.6275°N 96.283333°W / 31.6275; -96.283333 (31.627618, -96.283353).